Go Back   Homestead Garden Forums > Our Lives > Simple Living

Simple Living Voluntary simplicity and simple living topics.

Unread 06-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
Freaky_1
Daisy

Default Prayer request

Hey all,

My nephew was killed late Saturday night. I've only now learned the whole truth of what happened, but he was shot by his girlfriend's grandfather. I learned of his death Monday morning at work and have finally gotten to a point where I can deal with it. I am fine and there's no worries there. I now know he was saved prior to his death.

He had some poor history in his background much as myself. He'd had problems with drugs specifically, but had left that life and was working diligently toward a better life for himself and his family.

His girlfriend, Sara is four months pregnant and I have no idea how she's going to deal with this. Not only has she lost the man she'd devoted the rest of her life to, not only the Father of her unborn child, but also has to work around it being her grandfather that killed him. I pray the Lord give her the strength and understanding to deal not only now, but when it comes time for their child to know.

His Mother, Pam, my beloved sister has had more than her share of knocks throughout her life and has never known what an easy life is. This is simply more than she needs, but the Lord will not put more on us than we can handle and I do trust that she will, for she is a true Christian. She has already forgiven the man that shot him, and I remember just why I look up to my Sister so much.

His Sister (nameless for now, sorry but not my place) is now where he was before he cleaned up his life. I want and pray for good to come of this in her finding the strength and will to follow her brother's lead.

I Love my family and there is no way I can express just how much they mean to me. Each member of my family is a part of me and I want more than life for them to all find strength right now. I want us all to come together for what family really means. For those that don't know, my family is not necessarily 'kin' to me. Pam is my Sister and has been since before my memory, but to the law, she's merely a former foster Sister. I hope and pray that from this perhaps others can come to understand family as Pam and I do.

Please pray for Sara, that God would meet her needs, and that he'd bring her peace. Please pray for Pam, that her strength and resolve only grow and that she lives to see the good of this. Please pray for Seth's sister, that God would touch her and that through this she'd find her way. Please pray for BOTH families in all reguards. Please pray for me that I might learn to be more like my Sister and forgive so readily as the Lord has forgiven me. I have not yet managed to not wish ill of Seth's killer. I have come to terms with his death and am no longer stressing about it, but I would not trust myself in his presence. I don't want to be this way, please pray for me.

I would also like to make it clear that by all accounts, Sara's family is NOT anything like what some images stories would have them be. Sara and her family seem to be great people. Only one man had such hatred that I have seen or heard.

Here's the news release thus far
http://www.kait8.com/global/story.asp?s=10569352

and here's the bluster online, the truth comes out and you get to see how good some people are, but there's 2 pages.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/trum...6R1I76N4MNVDNN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Freaky_1; 06-25-2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: wrong link
Freaky_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
Missy
Heirloom Rose

Default Re: Prayer request

I am so sorry. This is just terrible for everyone involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:
Freaky_1 (06-26-2009)
Unread 06-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
Freaky_1
Daisy

Thank you. Good can and WILL come from bad through prayer and God's pure love. I know this and refuse all doubt.

Unread 06-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
Missy
Heirloom Rose

It's His will that will pull everyone through this. I pray for everyones tender and hurting hearts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:
Freaky_1 (06-25-2009)
Unread 06-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #5
homefire
Daisy

So sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the pain and confusion one senseless act can bring. Prayers of comfort and peace going up. In the the south I grew up in, we called death a home-going. Praying for strength for his Sara and their future child. Take care.
homefire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homefire For This Useful Post:
Freaky_1 (06-26-2009)
Unread 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
maggie

I'm sorry to read of this tragic senseless act Frank. To lose a young person in the family is always so difficult as it goes against the natural order. I pray that your good memories of Seth will bring comfort and strength to you all.
The birth of the baby will surely bring some healing too.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Freaky_1 (06-26-2009)
Unread 06-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #7
KeithBC
Daisy

I am so sorry to hear about this. Your nephew and all your family are in my prayers.
KeithBC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KeithBC For This Useful Post:
Freaky_1 (06-26-2009)
Unread 06-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #8
Edna_E
Daisy

I will certainly add all of you to my prayers. I've been dealing with threats along this line, but luckily no action. I cannot imagine the pain those close to this young man must be in. Please let them know that there are people all over the world praying for them.
Edna_E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edna_E For This Useful Post:
Freaky_1 (06-26-2009)
Unread 06-26-2009, 03:55 AM   #9
Freaky_1
Daisy

Thank you all. You have no idea what it means to me to have my family in your prayers. I am grateful beyond words.

There is no greater thing one can do for another than pray for them. I pray for overflowing cups for you all.

Homefire, there is sorrow and pain in what happened, but there is great and everlasting joy in the fact that he is indeed home and will never be homesick again. I haven't seen him in far too long, but I will see him again.

Maggie, Sara and Seth's child will certainly shine a light on the family and in fact already is. Rest assured this child will know the true joy of family.

Unread 06-26-2009, 04:07 AM   #10
creation-lover
Daisy

This seems unbelievable, but I have also experienced some unbelievable events in my life. I am so inspired at your determination to glorify God in all this and to believe in his ability and willingness to redeem all of it. Thank you.
creation-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to creation-lover For This Useful Post:
Freaky_1 (06-29-2009)

Tags
prayer, request