Go Back   Homestead Garden Forums > Our Leisure > Outdoor Living

Outdoor Living Birds, wildlife, hiking, backpacking, biking, fishing, hunting, trapping, guns, archery, boating, swimming, skiing, camping, Wild food foraging, gear, and supplies.

Unread 05-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
paelthom
Heirloom Rose

Cool Summer Camps

Ryan and I are signed up for 3 summer camps through Girl Scouts. Our Girl Scout troop will be doing one with us and we will be doing the others without them. (Got tired of waiting for the troop to actually do something).

The first one is at a camp area and has cabins. The other two will require us to bring the tent and rough it.

I will be going as a parent volunteer and may not actually be near Ryan during the camps. That suits her just fine. I will be there to make sure she takes her medicine daily though. I think I'm more excited than she is. Last year I was all gung ho on camping with the GS Troop and they kept cancelling it so this year, I'm making our own plans.

Camps are $50 each for Ryan and since I will be working, I go free. You go on Friday afternoons and come back on Sunday afternoons. All meals are included as are the patches she will earn.

Okay anyone else have plans for summer camps for their children? or for themselves?

Nothing beats playing in the dirt!
paelthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
smnoel
Administrator

Default Re: Summer Camps

My kids are too young for summer camp, but it sounds like a wonderful time Pat. Enjoy yourselves. I went to summer camp a couple of times as a kid and it was a great time.
smnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #3
paelthom
Heirloom Rose

Ryan is also going to do the cooking class again this summer at our local art center. She loved it last year and is hoping it will be just as fun this year, without the frog legs this time.

Unread 05-04-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
jlxian
Daisy

These sound like fun! I am hoping our local art center will have something for my son to take this summer. He loves to draw and has been frustrated that his art teachers at school have other "agendas" than drawing.

My kids are going to do summer school in June, which is "almost" like a summer camp --- its not remedial learning, but fun classes. They are looking forward to it, LOL! Breakfast and lunch are free (!!!!) AND if they have perfect attendance they will get a $100 gift card (don't know where, but guessing WalMart). Needless to say, they were totally psyched to sign up before I pushed it.

I wanted them to go because the summer classes will be at the junior high and since they start junior high in the fall this will give them a little familiarity with the school before the stress of the first day in the fall.
Unread 05-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
maggie

So will you be rekindling your "tent putting up" skills that you practised last year, Pat?? I seem to remember some fun antics then!
Unread 05-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
paelthom
Heirloom Rose

Yes Maggie, we had quite a learning time last year figuring out how to do the tent and looks like I get to relearn the whole thing this year. LOL

Tags
camps, summer