Go Back   Homestead Garden Forums > Our Leisure > Old Fashioned Arts, Skills, & Crafts

Old Fashioned Arts, Skills, & Crafts Needle arts, quilting, weaving, spinning and fiber arts, dollmaking, rug making, soap and candle making. Tanning, leathermaking, broommaking, metalworking, basketry. Discuss traditional skill or crafts here.

Unread 04-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
TheKraken
Seedling

Default Re: Anybody knitting? Sewing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNCTink View Post
I'm in the process of teaching myself how to knit. It's been difficult because I keep casting on too tightly and I just can't help it. Someone told me to use the next needle size up and then transfer it, so I may try that soon. I also sew and while it's a pain because I don't have a dedicated space, I usually fall back on it because I can whip things up for my kids in a day or two. I usually upcycle mine and DH's old clothes into new clothes for the kids.
When you Cast on, one needle size up, just use the correct sized needle in your right hand and start knitting. No need to transfer them over really.
TheKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:
PNCTink (05-28-2011)
Unread 06-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #12
Minner77
Daisy

Funny: I am in the process of becoming a Certified Knitting Instructor and must donate 15 hours of instruction time in the process (for which I am paying $120). I am having a a hard time finding people with enough time on their hands for me to teach, even though tons of people have asked me to teach them! Sure would love to help you guys out!
Minner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Slughorn
Seedling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minner77 View Post
Funny: I am in the process of becoming a Certified Knitting Instructor and must donate 15 hours of instruction time in the process (for which I am paying $120). I am having a a hard time finding people with enough time on their hands for me to teach, even though tons of people have asked me to teach them! Sure would love to help you guys out!
Could you build a web tutorial to count as your 15 hours?
Slughorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knitting, sewing