Go Back   Homestead Garden Forums > Our Homes > Home Keeping

Home Keeping Organization, laundry, entertaining, cleaning, decluttering, interior decorating. Discuss anything home related.

Unread 05-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #11
Dreamin of a Simple Life
Seedling

Default Re: Food, inc

I actually just watched this documentary, from Netflix, on Friday. I have also seen The Future of Food. Both are real eye openers to what is actually in the food you eat, the cruel way that meat animals are treated and the unsanitary garbage and chemicals mixed in ground beef. I do like meat so will need to stat growing my own and then feel bad about taking it to a butcher or find myself a homesteading man that will do the dirty deed for me.
It's really sad what the world is coming to and government is taking over right in front of our eyes, but behind our backs. People need to educate themselves on what's really going on and start producing their own food; meat, fruit and GMO free vegetables.
Dreamin of a Simple Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
billowbeard
Daisy

It is a shame that films tend to focus on the bad and not the good. The average American Farmer treats his animals with respect and care because they are his livelihood and without them, he would be out of business. It's too bad there isn't a film out there about the small dairy-farms like we have in Ohio.

Where I come from, all farm animals have names....(and the grandkids have a tendency to paint the toenails of chickens).
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
benj1921
Seedling

I agree you need to find a butcher that is humane or do it yourself. I do chickens, turkeys and wild game myself. I do have a good butcher that will take care of the pigs and cows humanely.
benj1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
PNCTink
Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post
Great documentary. King Corn is another good one along those lines. I'm actually reading In Defense of Food now and have a few more related books on my to-read list to learn more.
I'm reading this book as well. It's also very interesting.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Z.
Just learning to garden in our first home.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PNCTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #15
Dreamin of a Simple Life
Seedling

The Future of Food is another good movie along those lines of Food Inc. Makes you think about what you're eating, doesn't it?
Dreamin of a Simple Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food